Beekeeping 101 Online Course
October 5 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Interested in becoming a beekeeper? This Beekeeping 101, 4-part, live online series will help you learn the basics to get started. We’ll answer: what do I buy, where do I get bees, where do I put bees, what do I do with them? All the answers to get you going your first year.
A Beekeeping Field Day is also scheduled for those local to San Antonio or willing to drive. Register now to get your packet of beekeeping goodies mailed to you in time for the first class!
October 5, 6, 12, & 13, 2021 – 6:00-8:00 PM Each session will be recorded.
- October 5: Honey Bee Biology
- October 6: Beekeeping Basics
- October 12: What to Expect the First Year
- October 13: Risks to Honey Bees – Pests & Others
A beekeeping resources kit with catalogs, factsheets, etc., will be mailed to you. Please provide the best address for mailing.
Will be in the Leon Springs area of San Antonio (south of Boerne, north of La Cantera).
October 15 or 22 (details to be given once beekeepers’ schedule is known)
After you have registered, you will be contacted for a time/date and directions.
1 BCMG CE per Hour of Instruction – Code 001
Color codes for the calendar are as follows:
- Orange: These are events for BCMG members only.
- Blue: These are public events for which BCMG members can also receive CEU credit.
- Green: These are events that are open to the general public.