Providing gardening information, tips, and ideas
for both beginning and seasoned
Bexar County gardeners!
Information is from the
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
Bexar County Master Gardeners.
To navigate straight to the following information, just click on the link.
- Starting a Vegetable Garden
- Easy Gardening – Planning a Garden Site selection, what and how much to plant
- Easy Gardening – Soil Preparation
- Get Your Soil Tested – Home growers should use the Urban Soil Submittal Form.
- Easy Gardening – Planting
- Building a Raised Bed Garden – free publication to download
- Monthly Planting Calendar
- Vegetable Gardening in Containers – free publication to download
- Recommended Varieties
- Specific Crops
- Caring for Your Vegetable Garden
- Easy Gardening – Watering Your Vegetables
- Easy Gardening – Fertilization
- Pest and Diseases
- Easy Gardening – Disease Control
- Easy Gardening – Insect Control
- Cucurbit Problem Solver (Cucumbers, squash, pumpkins, melons)
- Tomato Problem Solver
- Easy Gardening – Harvesting, Handling and Storing Vegetables
- Additional Resources
- Bexar County Master Gardener Hotline – Bexar County Master Gardeners are available to answer your gardening questions.
- Bexar County Youth Gardens Program Blog – This blog, and its archives, provide an excellent resource for the beginning vegetable gardener. Weekly posts share what is currently being done in the garden, including plant selections, planting techniques, fertilization, garden maintenance and harvesting. (Note: The Youth Garden Program is currently suspended due to COVID-19. Archives are available.)